Tiny Home Kitchen Ideas – Our friends over at Apartment Therapy ran this adorable House Tour, which they called “the most livable tiny house” they’ve ever seen. They weren’t exaggerating. The whole space is only 160 square feet, and yet it actually seems like something we might all be able to live in (not together, obviously). It feels so possible because the place is very thoughtfully laid out and organized — especially the kitchen.
- Kitchen Organizing Tips Tiny House
- Top 33+ Tiny Home Kitchen Ideas
- 1. Tiny House Kitchen
- 2. Kitchen by Kimball Starr Interior Design
- 3. Ynez
- 4. The Gifford
- 5. Easton, Maryland
- 6. Kitchen
- 7. Cooperstown Farmhouse
- 8. Classical Kitchen
- 9. Bishops Park Open Plan, White Kitchen
- 10. Lake House
- 11. Open-Plan Kitchen Diner Extension
- 12. LG House – Kitchen
- 13. WIMBLEDON HOUSE
- 14. Compact kitchen in Edinburgh
- 15. Tiny House
- 16. Kitchen Renovations
- 17. Inner-city suburban tiny house
- 18. Kitchen Transformation
- 19. Kosair House
- 20. Greetland House Renovation
- 21. LG House – Kitchen
- 22. Classic White Kitchen
- 23. Tiny House Kitchen Looking In
- 24. 2 story kitchen remodel
- 25. Lakebriar Kitchen
- 26. Wetherby
- 27. White Kitchen Henderson Rd
- 28. Indian Grove Kitchen
- 29. Cape Cod
- 30. Expansive Kitchen
- 31. Sailing and Pailing
- 32. New Residence | Berywn, PA
- 33. Eco Friendly Holiday Home
- 34. kitchen 126
- 35. Islington Flat Refurbishment
Kitchen Organizing Tips Tiny House
Here are five smart organizing tips we got just by looking at the photos. Keep them in mind for your own space, whether it’s tiny or not.
1. Rectangular storage is best.
The couple customized all of their shelving — mostly to allow for as much light as possible to flood the space, but also to maximize their storage. The common theme throughout: rectangles. “It’s helpful to remember that rectangular shapes waste less space,” they said. “Lots of wide, round bowls and baskets can add up to a lot of unused space very quickly.” We also love how these cheese boxes create makeshift drawers in the cubbies.
2. The sides of cabinets and appliances are meant to be used.
The owners of this space used the side of the fridge and a cabinet for decorative and utilitarian storage. By hanging a dried wreath next to a cute broom, the cleaning tool doesn’t look too out of place. And a few hooks make a great home for bags and coats. Don’t overlook these surfaces when you need a place to hang utensils, pots, tea towels, or anything else.
3. Even the smallest shelves are useful.
The shelf featured above can’t be more than a few inches long, but it gets two bottles out of a cabinet and off the counter. And every little bit helps. This setup even manages to turn the bottles into decoration — not clutter. The point? If you have space for a shelf — even a small one! — go for it! It could be more useful than you’d even imagine.
4. Some things should be stored below the counter.
We’ve talked about this before in relation to a microwave, but it really does make sense to put some things at lower levels. It’s safer to reach for hot foods from below versus over your head. And the toaster oven isn’t so incredibly sleek that it needs to be displayed on a countertop. Put it on a shelf below the counter to free up space and create a better workflow.
On the flipside: Some things (like stuff you don’t use all that often) should be stored higher up. Keep a step stool on hand so you can reach it all safely when need be.
5. There’s always room for plants.
No matter how little space you have, there’s always room for a plant or three. They just do so much to make a room feel more homey. If you absolutely don’t have counter (or ledge) space to spare, consider a hanging planter.
Top 33+ Tiny Home Kitchen Ideas
1. Tiny House Kitchen
2. Kitchen by Kimball Starr Interior Design
4. The Gifford
5. Easton, Maryland
7. Cooperstown Farmhouse
8. Classical Kitchen
9. Bishops Park Open Plan, White Kitchen
10. Lake House
11. Open-Plan Kitchen Diner Extension
12. LG House – Kitchen
13. WIMBLEDON HOUSE
14. Compact kitchen in Edinburgh
15. Tiny House
16. Kitchen Renovations
17. Inner-city suburban tiny house
18. Kitchen Transformation
19. Kosair House
20. Greetland House Renovation
21. LG House – Kitchen
22. Classic White Kitchen
23. Tiny House Kitchen Looking In
24. 2 story kitchen remodel
25. Lakebriar Kitchen
27. White Kitchen Henderson Rd
28. Indian Grove Kitchen
29. Cape Cod
30. Expansive Kitchen
31. Sailing and Pailing
32. New Residence | Berywn, PA
33. Eco Friendly Holiday Home
34. kitchen 126
35. Islington Flat Refurbishment