Turquoise Room Ideas – Turquoise comes in many hues, just like the gemstone, allowing you to play with lighter to darker hues for any space. Decorating with turquoise is believed to bring harmony and happiness and I surely believe it and I want to give you my tips to adding this color to your space, from more subtle and accessible ways to more permanent embellishments.
- How to Decorate With Turquiuse
- How To Select The Perfect Turquoise Paint Color
- 32+ Brilliant Turquoise Room Ideas to Freshen Up Your Home
- 1. Contemporary Bedroom
- 2. Avalon Show Home in Keswick
- 3. Eclectic Dining Room
- 4. Southern Living Idea House
- 5. The American Dream
- 6. Naples Dining Room
- 7. Crown Paints The New Neutral
- 8. Mattapoisett Landing
- 9. Victorian villa
- 10. Kids Bedroom Modern style
- 11. Grown-Up Girl’s Rooms
- 12. Delray Bungalow
- 13. Richmond, 1930’s refurbishment
- 14. Eclectic Modern Tudor Dining Room
- 15. Venice beach traditional home remodel.
- 16. Hollywood Regency
- 17. Master Bedroom #1
- 18. Girl’s Bedroom
- 19. Heather Garrett Design
- 20. A Frame Remodel Sun Valley, ID
- 21. Sazama Design Build Remodel
- 22. Jill Sorensen
- 23. DC Design House
- 24. Decorator Show House
- 25. Harvard Square Renovation
- 26. Amelia Park Courtyard Home
- 27. Studio City
- 28. Kids Bedroom
- 29. Austin Modern Farmhouse
- 30. Plant. Collection Room Sets
- 31. Study: Brian Del Toro Inc.
- 32. South London Victorian Home
- 33. Homearama
- 34. Admiral’s House
- 35. Grosvenor Crescent
How to Decorate With Turquiuse
1. Add Accents Throughout A Room
An easy way to add this color to your space, if you are not ready for a long-term commitment, is in your furnishings and accents. From mixing in pillows with turquoise hues and accent rugs and a piece of art. The spaces below have accomplished this flawlessly. You can easily remove all the turquoise pieces come winter / holidays or when you are ready for a new color scheme.
2. Painted Furniture or Cabinet
Another option to decorate with turquoise is to by re-purposing pieces of furniture. A dresser, or a mirror, maybe even an older bed that needs updating for a kids room. This is a great way to add hues of turquoise while not fully committing to an entire space.
3. Turquoise Accent Walls
Now, let’s say you are ready to commit. I say go for a statement wallpaper or accent wall. I love the color in a laundry room or powder room. It truly will make a statement while creating a peaceful but joyous space.
4. Accent Your Kitchen Island
This is my new favorite way to decorate with turquoise. You have probably heard that color is coming back to kitchens. The all white kitchens are adding pops of color in their islands and turquoise is taking over! It keeps the space feeling light and airy without adding a dark hue to the islands. It pairs perfectly with natural wood and gray making it perfect for kitchen spaces.
5. Front Door Curb Appeal
The easiest way to add turquoise to your home is with your front door and that is exactly what I did. I do not have that much turquoise in my interior (though I might copy those kitchen islands), but I wanted to lighten up the exterior of home and the deep red brick. Turquoise was the perfect color for the job. Also, I am sure you have caught on to the trend that painted from doors are all the rage and making a statement on your block is a must.
How To Select The Perfect Turquoise Paint Color
- A shade will look different from one room to the next due to lighting
- Always paint a 4×4 swatch on the wall to see if it will work
- Always paint 2-3 coats at least for a realistic swatch on the wall
- Pop the trim in a white for a dramatic effect
- Use accessories in the same shade to give your wall color some depth